Yes, by law, all income is subject to income tax. The taxable amount is based on your tax code issued to you by HMRC and your work status for the tax year. You can estimate how much Income Tax and National Insurance contributions you can expect to pay on your income with this HRMC Tax Calculator: http://tools.hmrc.gov.uk/hmrctaxcalculator/
Articles in this section
- How do I input my bank details?
- How do I check my weekly earnings?
- How and when do I get paid?
- What about holiday pay?
- I want to switch my main income source to/from Syft?
- I am paying too much/little tax.
- I need my P45.
- Do I have to pay tax with the income I earn with Syft?
- Will I receive payslips from Syft?
- The salary I received is incorrect.